Power Unit with the 165 4a enigne

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #3086 by riverslim
this unit has a mag, late 40"s?? does anyone have a picture of this or a larger one from the same era? mine has the gas tank missing (just brought it home today). might have to get one fabricated, thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #646 by shea
welcome to the site!!! i do not know much about the power units for moline i have a utu i am rebuilding. the 165 engine is the same as used in the r tractor. i am attaching a couple pics i found on the net the first is a 206 which is a z engine and it appears to be a propane engine. the second is the front of a manual for the 165 engine in the pic i can see the tank on the rear of the engine. i hope this helps some, john granfield is on this site frequently and he has a couple power units i think.

john can you help out?

johnny
Attachments:

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #647 by gentleben
riverslim welcome aboard, johnny is right about john g, he is our expert on molines and we lean on him quite often. if he see this hopefully he can help...ben

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #648 by riverslim
the one pictured is very much like mine. thanks guys, hopefully john will have a close-up photo of the tank, i have a great mm fabricator in russ mayes here in southern illinois, anyone heard of him?
stan

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #649 by riverslim
what i meant about russ is that he is starting to fabricate side panels, etc, for the older generation of mm tractors. i have been an oliver guy, i am the third generation of my family to work for a white dealer, originally oliver, going back to the thirties, till they went out of business. naturally sold parts for mm also.

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #650 by John G
i'm here but i don't have any good pictures of the fuel tank on hand, i'm using a new camera and can't figure out how to get the size of the pictures down to what i can download here. the picture on the front of the parts catalogue shows the fuel tank, i have extra fuel tank brackets and the sheet metal which goes from the engine cover, "hood", to the tank on top, i even have an extra fuel tank but it's not quite the full size seen on the manual cover. where are you located riverslim? i've got to work on this camera but don't have much time right now.

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #652 by riverslim
i am in greenville, illinois. the tank must be quite small actually, smaller than what i've seen recently on some of the older mm's. can you give me any dimensions of the tank. thanks for your efforts.
stan

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #653 by riverslim
here's the mounting set-up.
Attachments:

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #656 by John G
stan, the fuel tank on mine is a smaller version of what should be on there. the top of the tank should match the sheet metal which covers the front of it from the engine unit. the width is set up so the bands that hold it down fit into the holes in the lower mounts and the back of the tank should end where the supports do. someone out there should have a tank for it. i'l keep looking, try delbert schaffer in franklin grove, il, he's on tonys site, mmdel.

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #658 by riverslim
thanks so much,
stan

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #1349 by riverslim
i have a tank now plus the missing side curtain, plus an extra one, which fits both sides, should anyone need one.

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #1352 by John G
one of mine is pretty beat up, i could use the extra.

2 years 10 months ago #4619 by Kirbsterbbq
John do you have that manual for this power unit? I kow that this post is 5 years old, but i just bought a 165 power unit.

Kirbster

2 years 10 months ago #4632 by shea
I think i do. give me some time to find it. just getting things back up.

thanks
johnny

2 years 9 months ago #4633 by Kirbsterbbq
I found out last night that my power unit is actually and RE or a 185ci. does anyone have this manual?

Time to create page: 0.774 seconds