Lifting rams

1 year 5 months ago #4767 by darren
i have a 420 trackor loader ,,and i have a leak in one ram,,can this be fixed at home ?,,,and where would a person get a new piston and seal for one,,in ontario?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 5 months ago #4768 by shea
welcome to the darren! do you have a 420 tractor with front loader or a 420 track loader?
is it a john deere loader? my assumption would be you could get a reseal kit from deere.

thanks
johnny

1 year 5 months ago #4769 by shea
welcome to the darren! do you have a 420 tractor with front loader or a 420 track loader?
is it a john deere loader? my assumption would be you could get a reseal kit from deere.

thanks
johnny

1 year 4 months ago #4770 by darren
track loader,,needs a little TLC ,,,,but it runs like a top

1 year 4 months ago #4771 by shea
richardsmachinery.com/wp-content/uploads...9-15-021-500x281.jpg

Is this a picture that is similar to your tractor?

1 year 4 months ago #4772 by darren
Yes that,s the same as mine ,,it,s the lower (short ram,s)that are leaking ,,its suppost to be a model 90,,,,

1 year 4 months ago #4773 by shea
you can put hew o-rings in it at home. generally speaking they are not too bad to take apart. my experience is they still leak after i do it my self not as bad as before because they have a gouge in the cylinder bore or on the ram. you can get the o-ringscand seals from deere, but i would google a hydraulic cylinder rebuilder and let them fix it. if it only needs orings and a seal the cost will be reasonable.

1 year 4 months ago #4774 by darren
Yes ,,that do,s sound better,,i would take it apart ,,but i will get in touch with a person that do,s it for a living thank you Darren

Time to create page: 0.537 seconds