2 pt to 3 pt

5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #3795 by KY AC
what is the best 2 pt to 3pt conversion for a 560? not a big fan of the snap in prongs.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #2583 by KY PLOW
unless you want to change the entire lifting links, control arms, etc etc the snap in receivers are your only option. even doing that it won't be any different other than a roll pin and flare. my 706 is a factory 3pt, and the only difference in it and the 2pt. is my snap in arms are slotted to slide out about four inches, and a roll pin stops them from coming all the way out. 2pt has a flared edge on the female lift arms, and the 3pt. arms don't have a flare. the standard 3pt. on ih tractors all the way up to the 5488's and 7488's that were last produced in 1985 were exactly the same only class iii. some one else may know of a different set up, but that is about all i can tell ya. does your 560 have a top link bracket or back plate with a pin hole?...........matt

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #2558 by shea
i thought the tractors with the quick hitch had non movable pieces. meaning they didnt sway from side to side.

am i mistaken ?

johnny

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #2588 by KY PLOW
fast hitch does have side to side movement. the older ones utilize a ball and socket type anti-sway. this is a photo of a 460d that used the later version of the anti sway. they don't move to near the extent of a 3pt. system due to the front (fork) bolts underneath the trans instead of being integrated into the rear end but none the less, they do move side to side...

you can click on picture for a larger view of pivot points
thats about all i know about it with out doing some research.....thanks matt

older ball and socket type: click for larger photo
Attachments:

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #2559 by shea
thanks for the pics matt, i had only paid attention to the older ones like in the first pic and like you said they mount under the transmission so i assumed they didnt sway.

thanks for the info.
johnny

Time to create page: 0.532 seconds