WD9

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #3215 by mh745
hello i am restoring a wd9 and i was wondering if anyone could help me with the positions for the fuel switch over lever as i do not want to damage it when i atempt to start it

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy331/mh745/sillyhat011.jpg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #1012 by
[b:34afzzeu][i:34afzzeu]hi there mh745~ you said you didnt want to wreck anything not knowing where to start a wd9, you wont wreck anything lever up or down, if you have everything cleaned up from sitting along time siezed, put gas in the little tank see if it runs through the carb, after lifting the lever switch, then start it, if it wont start push the lever down give it half throutle and tow it with another tractor until it gets warmed up to start on diesel, put it in fourth gear,tow, if there is diesel going through the system it is going to smoke alot until it fires on its own, but if you are sure everything ready to start, lift lever you will hear a heavy click on the side of the head, if you dont hear it click loud your left lever is not working right, dont let anyone confuse you about how a wd6 starts they are oppisite.i own a w9, wd9, & swd9. [/i:34afzzeu][/b:34afzzeu]

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #1017 by mh745
thank you for your time and advice now i would be right in thinking that the lever i want is the one that acts on a cresent type lever on the side of the engine block ?

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #1019 by
[b:286u7xr0][i:286u7xr0]when i look close to your picture i have never seen a wd9 as old as your what year would it be i bet 40's, your wd9 has only one fuel filter, and the fuel pump is different, it looks just like the same engine on my td35 ih crawler,(1940's) but the lever switchs are the same from switching from gas to diesel.[/i:286u7xr0][/b:286u7xr0]

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #1020 by mh745
i dont know what year it is sorry i have not had a chance to look yet where would i find the serial number ?? is there any particular way to put a date to them ?

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #1021 by
[b:qdg3e1xp][i:qdg3e1xp]look under the fuel tank area, read the serial number then go on line punch in tractordata.com and your serial number will tell you what year your tractor is[/i:qdg3e1xp][/b:qdg3e1xp]

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #1023 by mh745
will do thank you for your time and help

Time to create page: 0.597 seconds